Secondly, is anyone else getting peeved about the outrageously high cost of school pictures? Well, I decided to experiment with my new camera. (I simply cannot get over how much I love it.) Mazie had a wonderful time taking me all over the yard, posing for pictures, although her smile looks a little pained by the end. She made me make sure that I had the pink flower in the background of some of the pictures, and checked the images afterward to make sure it was there before she let me move on.
I don't know. I'm thinking maybe we'll bunk school pictures and take every ones with this camera. They turn out nice and the will blow up perfectly.
I do, however, need to get a genuine smile out if this girl someday.
Finally, after many years of discussing and needing and putting it off, we bought shelves for our food storage. We've mostly been storing it in Washington fruit lug boxes stacked along one wall of our basement. We had an old rickety shelf unit that came with the house (in the basement--i.e. NOT nice), and we finally threw it away. Ta-DA!!The biggest shocker? Nathan and I looked at each other and said, "Who knew we had so much food storage!?" In fact, I have to boycott canning this fall, so we can use what we have and rotate out. So this is why I don't have any empty jars lying around. Well, duh! I don't think we'll starve this winter. It's such a beautiful sight. I keep walking by and sighing in satisfaction.

I took my kids pictures myself a couple of years ago. I think its a smart way to go. AND WOW look at all that food storage... good job!
ReplyDeleteI would sigh too! Holy that's amazing girl. I tink we'll be coming to stay with you if there's ever a shortage. I think we'd last a week. we just havent' had the chance to stock up with all our moving and financial stuff. Keep up the good work and pat yourself on the back.
ReplyDeleteI take my own pictures of the kids, too. It works really well as long as you can remember to do it. :) I love to see those shelves of food storage but it also makes me think about my own lack of it. Hopefully I can get a little more motivated about it this fall. We have heard so much about it lately.
ReplyDelete