Last night my husband and I went on our first real date in about a year. It was so nice to have him to myself. What was even better was that he suggested it. We didn't want to travel, so we went to the only nice restaurant in town, which is very expensive but has amazing food. Nathan had a buffalo rib-eye steak, and I had a penne dish that was awesome. Much better than I ever get at Olive Garden or some other chain. When you figure that we didn't spend forty dollars driving to town and back, it was probably cheaper, too.
Afterward we went to a movie at our little theater here in town. There were only about ten people in the theater since it wasn't a kids' movie playing. We saw Get Smart. We'd seen the previews and thought it looked funny, but I wasn't sure. I even went on Yahoo! and read the user reviews to see if we should wait and see Hancock instead. I'm glad we didn't wait. Get Smart was laugh-out-loud funny. There were so many funny parts that when we got home, we couldn't even remember all the funny stuff because we'd laughed so much. I was also afraid it would be a lot of potty humor, but it was pretty mild. We still wouldn't let our kids watch it, because there was some swearing.
I was just so happy to have an evening with my husband. We were so close to home that I ran back to the house and put our left-overs in the frig before going to the movies. All the kids were doing well with the sitter. It was a great night.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

Sounds great! Paul and I really need to go on a date. It has been probably a month or more since we have gone somewhere without a kid or four! And I am glad to know about Get Smart because it is one that I want to see and now I know that it will be as funny as I was hoping.
ReplyDelete