Thursday, September 4, 2008

Whatever Will Be

I can't really think of what to say in this post. The past few days we've been dealing with bad news regarding my husband's job. Our future seems to be completely up in the air. We still have no offers on our house. I have no idea what we're going to do. And, here's the funny thing, I have this completely calm feeling.

For the past several months I have been praying and praying and studying and begging and feeling like no one is listening. Then, suddenly we get terrible news, and I'm totally calm. I know now that the Lord has been listening. I have no idea what His plan is for us, but I just know we're going to be okay. Nathan is very stressed, and I keep trying to calm him. I can't explain it. I can't tell him what will happen, but I know it will work out. You can call it blind faith if you want, but this is an answer that has been months in coming. I think back on all those heart-felt prayers that went unanswered, and I think maybe they were just drops in my bucket that needed to fill before this crisis hit.


All day Doris Day's hit song has been running through my head, "Que Sera, Sera. Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see...."

All we can do is wait and see.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that your prayers have been answered and that you are feeling such peace right now.

    The Lord is in the lead, and I know he will continue to direct your family. Who knows maybe he'll direct you back this way.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, last night as we sat around talking as a family discussing what may happen in the next few months, I felt that way too, like hey this isn't a really big deal, and we will all handle it together. How fortunate we are to have the knowledge of a Heavenly Father who loves us, and that through him everything will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying that a way will open up for you and your family can be together again. This is not the way I was thinking but it will do. I am grateful that you are able to feel so calm in the midst of the storm. I hope this doesn't mean that you guys will be moving farther away, but, as you say, "Que sera, sera", etc. Good luck. You will still be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how God answers our prayers isn't it?

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle. I just wanted to let you know that the apron pattern Brooke used is by Amy Butler. It's called 'the emmeline apron'. You can google it and find a picture of the pattern.

    Happy apron searching/making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link on etsy Michelle! I am heading out this morning to pick out an apron pattern, and my sweet mother in law is going to "help" me tonight. Hopefully she won't kill me after seeing how pattern stupid I really am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post sounds so much like what happened to a good friend of mine. He ended up changing jobs to one that paid way more and he was so much happier! The whole process building up to it was agonizing though. Maybe this is a tough patch leading up to fantastic blessings too!

    ReplyDelete