Monday, September 15, 2008

Today My Husband Actually Said...

"What are you going to do today? Sit around and do nothing just like yesterday?"

These are the days when I have to remind myself that I said yes across the alter of my own free will and choice, and that I vowed to love him eternally, because I'd really like to strangle him because:

a) he said this after I spent all morning helping him paint the basement.

b) yesterday was the SABBATH

c) notwithstanding that yesterday was the Sabbath, I still cooked dinner, made cookies (at my family's request) and washed the dishes from breakfast, Sunday dinner and baking cookies.

d) this morning was the only time in my entire week when I get a break from my four-year-old chatterbox, and instead of sewing, beading or working on Primary stuff, I painted the basement

I will admit that today I have not cleaned bathrooms or done one bit of laundry. The washer and dryer are moved so that we can paint in the basement. I did, however, spend a good deal of my day entertaining Josie. Somehow I thought raising a child counted as something. I must have been mistaken. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Was he joking? Or would you like to rent my BT house for awhile. :-)

    Sometimes you just have to pretend that the words never came out of their mouth.

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who knows Nathan well would probably laugh at this post. Let's just say he has an knack for really pushing people's buttons (especially mine). To quote a character in my very first, very poorly written, unpublished novel, "He likes to tease me into tempestuousness."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did have to smile when I read what Nathan said. He sure does know what to say to get you all heated up! He must think are beautiful and adorable when you're angry since he takes pains to get you that way. If Paul ever said something like that to me, however, I would probably cry, get depressed and angry all at the same time because that would be hitting me where it hurts. You are stronger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave" Remember that from the end of Madagascar? With comments like that I just smile and wave and think, you have no clue, but I love ya anyway! Well I don't say I love ya anyway for a day or so :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan is a Hansen boy! Good for you for sticking up for youself! It is okay to say, today I did nothting! It's okay. Love your blog, Janae shared it with me. Your children are getting so big! Good luck on the house selling. You can see us at tnkjensenfam.blogspot.com

    ~Kelly Jensen

    ReplyDelete