Saturday, September 20, 2008

This Weekend's Accomplishments

In light of my husband's recent accusation that I do nothing, I've decided to document a few things that I accomplished. I understand now why I craft so much. I have to have at least a few things in a week that don't get immediately undone.

I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, then swept the living room floor, only to have to sweep it again twice because Mazie decided to have dry Ramen noodles for a snack and Josie dumped Trix all over then proceeded to squish them with her fat little hands.

I attempted to involve my children in folding the laundry, but threw them out of my bedroom when they wouldn't stop bickering. I cleaned out Mazie's dresser of all the outgrown/out of season clothes. Dylan's I did last week, so I only have Ethan's left to do.

My neighbor gave me crab apples, so I made jelly. It was a two-day process since you have to let the juice drip out of the cloth. It turned out pretty and is pretty tasty, too.

Finally, I finished this quilt that I started a year ago. I had the top finished, and it was tied to the back, but I never got around to finishing the binding. I did that today, and I'm so happy that it's finally done. It's supposed to be my "car quilt"-- the one you leave in the back of the car for trips to the park, soccer games, etc.

1 comment: