Thursday, September 11, 2008

Small Talk

I was trying to follow tharker's example and think of all the things I'm grateful for, but I'm sort of grumpy today, and I was having a hard time coming up with a good list that wasn't copycatting. So, I'll post my gratefuls tomorrow and just chat today.

My favorite shirt is still missing. This has been distressing me for a week now. I know I saw it here in the house. It went into the laundry (I think) and the washing machine ate it. Must have eaten it, but I can't be sure because Nathan was home the last time I saw my favorite shirt, and he does laundry. (Yeah, you can hate me because I have a husband who does laundry. He'd tell you it's because is wife is so lazy!) Anyway, Nate does laundry like a man, so who knows where it ended up?

I have no blog followers. So far. It's okay. I didn't start blogging to be popular. And, personally I am following blogs because their updates show on my dashboard, so I don't have to view the blog to know who's been blogging. I like that feature. Forgive me if I become a groupy. Mostly I just want to know if you've updated with one less click!

My husband thinks I'm silly for opening an etsy store. I was so proud that I showed it to him. He said, "Has anyone bought anything?" Well, no. To which he just nodded his head. Need he say more? So, now I'm feeling a little silly about it, too. But today I was telling another mom how it's the process that relaxes me, and all my relatives have already received jewelry I've made. So have most of my friends. I like making it, and it would be nice to recoup some of the cost, thus selling seems reasonable. It's not like I expect to make a wad of cash. I can't keep making jewelry for myself. I already have more that I can wear. (Especially with a one-year-old, who likes to pull on my earrings. Ouch!)

Lastly, my husband's job is very uncertain right now, so I've been trying stash away some savings in case he ends up unemployed in a few months. Just this week our Maxima rolled over 200,00 miles, and immediately started having this knocking sound in the motor. Nathan wasn't sure if he'd even make it home, so I met him just over halfway, dropped the car at the shop and had them look at it. Guess how much the repairs cost? Yep, almost exactly what I'd stashed away. It was hard not to be depressed today.

Our road these days seems to be all bumps and grooves. I meant that figuratively, but in case you're local, our city is making it literal, too. I guess I'll do what I always do-- just grip the wheel a little tighter and keep moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you... I'm following you!
    Those roads are bumpy and sometimes blocked off all together (fig. and lit.)... it makes going to the post office very complicated. Hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean you have NO followers? I'm stock your blog! I'm sorry you had a bad day and think we all have those. I hope today you have a better one. Me -I get to wait for a Sears Repair man to come fix my washer for the 5th time in less than 6 mo. Good thing I bought the warranty but still annoying and a waste of my day on top of the growing pile of laundry I have to do when he's all done fixing it!!

    ReplyDelete