Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Hula

I couldn't help the urge to brag. In all my fourteen years of marriage, I've never been able to beat my husband at anything.

Running? Not a chance.
Biking? I just eat his dust.
Chess? Never.
Cards? I won't even play with him unless he's on my team, because I get tired of losing.
Mario Kart? Well, some of us get tired of placing last.
Any sport involving a racket? No, none of those either.

I remember when we used to play Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64, and he would put his health all the way down to negative ten, and mine was clear up to positive ten, so I could knock him off with one shot, and he'd still beat me.

So, finally, I reign supreme at one thing-- Wii Fit Hula Hoop. He tried for an hour to break my record, came away sweating but still under my score. I have to say, it feels kind of nice to win for once, although, I'm sure it won't last. He'll keep trying until he breaks that record. In the meantime, I'm smiling. I took this really cute picture of him doing the hula, but he threatened me with certain death if I posted it on my blog, so suffice it to say that watching your husband hula for an hour is quite entertaining. I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I wish I could see that photo. Paul was talking to Nathan yesterday and they talked about Wii Fit and it has made us want to get it even more. The problem is actually finding it in the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you... I know the feeling. I'm a sore looser and hate loosing to Kenneth the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could post the photo on my blog! hee hee You must have nice ab muscle after hula-ing for that long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats hula queen!!!

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you guys! This so reminded me of the days or should I say weekends in Provo when all the four of us did was play video games. Ahhh, the good old days. I sure do miss them sometimes. I can just see it now, Brian and Nathan hula hooping together. What a sight! maybe we should plan a trip just for that. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete