Josie turned two on Tuesday. I tried very hard to blog that night, but my Internet connection was giving me grief. Albertson's makes an adorable castle cake. I called to see how far in advance I needed to order one. Only twenty-four hours, but the cake will set you back a whopping forty bucks! And, being the cheapskate that I am, I decided to make a castle cake and found this cute pattern online. It actually wasn't that hard, and it turned out cute.

I usually freeze cakes before I frost them. I wish I would have done that this time. The crumb coat sealed in the crumbs, but the layers wanted to squish together, and it turned into a leaning castle. Still, Josie loved it, and every kid at the table wanted the sugar cubes and ice cream cones.

Here's the birthday girl! I washed her face, combed her hair and changed her into a fresh dress just before her party. She screamed like I was torturing her. After all the tears were dry, she looked adorable as ever.

At first she was a little tentative with the wrapping paper, but then she figured out there was a Barbie movie inside, and she wanted it out!

She was so excited about this new Barbie that I couldn't get her to open the last gift. She knows how to say, "Bobby!"

Here Josie models her new dress-up shoes. We got her a princess and a ballerina dress-up dress. I wouldn't let her put them on because we were just about to dive into the castle cake. I just love her little brown legs and the cute little muscles.

The moment she saw the cake, she nearly dove onto the table. We gave her the first pink ice cream cone, so I could actually cut pieces for everyone else.

Oh, that made her very happy!

Here she is after cake. Yes, that's frosting hanging from her nose.

What was left of the castle... Did I mention it was chocolate and vanilla?

Josie loves to play in the dirt, so along with the girly Barbie stuff, she got a little sand shovel and bucket. She completely ignored them while we were inside, but as soon as I put them in the dirt, she jumped right in and didn't want to come out!

She wouldn't even look up long enough for a good picture. A birthday bath sounds like a very good idea.

Happy Birthday, JoJo!!!
The cake turned out great and it is definitely not leaning as much as the one I made did!
ReplyDeletejosie is adorable and the cake turned out way cute!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Your cake turned out awesome. I've seen that cake idea on the internet but have never been brave enough to attempt it. You're a good mom.
ReplyDelete