The day after her birthday, Josie woke with a large red welt under her eye. Then, yesterday, it looked like this....

It has to be a spider bite. I haven't seen a single mosquito in the house.

It looks so terrible, but my sister's daughter has had this happen a few times. I knew that the doctor just had her do Benadryl to take down the reaction. So, I called and quizzed her about dosage, and expected to see marked improvement by the next morning, but it was actually worse. Today, however, the coloring was looking more normal, even though the swelling hasn't gone down much. It hasn't slowed her down. Here she is dancing in one of her birthday dress-up outfits.

Yeah, the shoes are a little big. She doesn't mind. I put the dress on her and tried to get her to go play, but she stood there and said, "Shoe" until I put the shoes on too.
So Sad!! Alex just went to the doc because it looked like he was growing another knee just below his right one. The doc said it was so impressive that she would have taken her kid to the doc as well, even though there is nothing that they do if it is not infected. I ended up putting ice on the THREE bites he had on his legs and the swelling was so much better that night even though the doc had said it would take 3 days for the swelling to go down. I hope she gets better soon :-)
ReplyDelete