Last night, just as Nathan and I were falling asleep, Mazie started yelling in her sleep. She was fighting with her cousin Dixie Kate in her dreams. (Just like they'd been fighting most of the day, but those girls were inseparable. They have a love-hate relationship most days.)
Anyway, Nathan was closest to the door, so I have him a shove and said, "Get to her before she wakes up Josie!" He clambered out of bed, and a moment later, Mazie was silent, but Josie had been partially awakened, and she was starting to cry.
Nathan came back into our room and said, "Come see what Josie has done."
I went into the girls bedroom with him. Josie had pulled the quilt all the way up over her head so that only her little fat feet were sticking out, but when we pulled the quilt back, we found her completely naked. She had taken off her shirt and PJ bottoms and then her diaper. She was lying in a pool of pee, of course. The entire bed was soaked. Probably she was crying because she was cold and wet.
So, I got her up and got her dressed while Nathan stripped the bed. This time I made sure to wrap the masking tape all the way around her diaper, so that it overlapped.
This morning when I went to get Josie out of bed, she was still wearing the T-shirt dress I'd put on her in the night, but the floor was wet. I pulled up her dress, and sure enough-- no diaper. The floor was wet because she'd been standing at one corner of the crib when she peed, and instead of soaking into the bed, it ran out onto the floor. This morning I stripped the bed for the second time in twelve hours.
I'm going to have to find that roll of duct tape again. It seems to be the only one that she hasn't gotten off yet.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

chuckle,chuckle,chuckle. Joseph did that too. We actually have a picture of him buck-naked in the tub asleep (he had pulled the plug). He was laying on his side sucking his fingers. It was good to see your family. Crossing fingers you can get settled this weekend.
ReplyDeleteKerry and Bonnie had a daughter the same way. They did have to duct tape her diaper on daily for a long time if I remember right. Have fun doing laundry today.
ReplyDeleteSounds just like Jake when he was little. What is it with kids and the nighttime diapers? Who knows, maybe in 18 months-2 years from now, I'll be posting something very similar ;)
ReplyDeleteoh wow! Do you usually have to tape her diaper on to keep it on? I have never had one of mine do that... knock on wood. LOL good luck!
ReplyDeleteJason and I both got a good laugh out of that one! Tears-to-the-eyes kind of laugh. Maybe it is a subliminal message that she wants to be potty trained? I can't imagine my 2-yr-old being potty trained right now, though. Good luck! Thanks for the good laugh...mainly because we have had similar nights with potty-training issues with the boys and can feel your pain.
ReplyDelete