I realize it isn't quite the new year, but since Christmas has passed, I decided my blog needed a new look for the new year. Isn't it pretty? I've been really liking pink & brown combinations lately, so this background appealed to me. I could put up the "school" pictures of the kids again, but I am hoping to get new ones taken eventually. They were awfully cute in the Santa hat, but it's a new year! I need a fresh start.
So, in Relief Society the teacher asked if everyone had thought about their New Year's resolutions. I have to confess, I'm sort of anti-resolutions. I'm a firm believer that if you want to set a goal, you should do it TODAY and not wait for the new year or the new week or a new day. On that note, I have only one goal for the new year-- this year I want to get published. (I said that in 2007 & 2008, but I'm setting that goal again, and I will continue to set that goal until I have a book on the shelf.) I supposed at some point I ought to give up on the idea, but that is the problem. I can't. I've been trying, but it won't go away. So, I'm starting a major revision of the novel, and hoping that it will be a better book when I'm finished. I'll re-submit it and wait for yet another rejection. And one of these years, maybe-- just maybe, it won't get rejected.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

Good for you for not giving up on this goal! One day, I will have a Michelle novel on my shelf too!!
ReplyDeleteI like your idea. What bugs me, is how I can never find a parking spot at the gym in Jan and the first part of feb. I just want to tell them all to save their money!
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with you on the whole goal thing. My problem is I have so many things I want to start doing there's no way of strating them all at once.
ReplyDeleteHang in there on the book. I know the blog's not a novel but you have a knack for writing. I always look forward to reading something you wrote. I can't say that about everyone's.
also, I've tried to email you, have you received any lately?
I'm glad you're not giving up on your book. I liked it a lot and would love to have a published copy.
ReplyDelete~C
Michelle...remember Jennifer Henry? She married Cory Fielding and she now works for a publishing company! If you are interested my email is amyjcaz@hotmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to write a book and be published. AS I read the 100's of books in my library (99.9% young adult) I think...I should be able to do this. But unlike you and my sister ALicia, I don't do it! Props to you for having such a cool goal.
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteIt took my husband 4 years to get a publishing contract. He turned in his book more than 4 months ago and it is still out in peer review so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it actually DOES get published. It is a poli sci textbook on Revolutions. The first 3 years he tried to get his dissertation published, and then he gave it a rest and switched to the textbook. He has a mini-sabbatical this month to try and re-write the dissertation to re-submit. This seems like a never-ending process...especially in his line of work.
I like that you are not giving up. Why should you when it is something you want? I hope that you are able to go through the ENTIRE list of publishers...it seems like there are so many. Pat had to do research just on the publishers!