I spent the day taking inventory of all the neglect I've done to my house in the consuming stress of the branch Christmas dinner. Thankfully, it is now over. It was very well attended, and we welcomed several less active families and visitors into our building. I'm very pleased with the turn-out. We had way too much food. I guess now we'll know better what to buy a lot of and what to buy less of. I was happy that we had plenty, and everyone could have seconds if they wanted and they could all leave full.
And, the left-overs will not be wasted because there is a funeral scheduled for Saturday, and the Relief Society was going to have to provide the meal. I was happy to help them out with everything that we bought that we couldn't use.
Now I can turn my focus back to my family and putting my house back together. Yikes. It's amazing what two days of neglect can do.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

I'm so glad that it all turned out well!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job, it was all very nice!
ReplyDeleteIf your house is anything like mine after even one day of neglect you are in for a big time clean up job.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you had such a good turn out. It seems to make all the hard work more worth it when more people are there to enjoy it.
I am so happy that the stress is now gone and it was a successful evening. I am always amazed at the chaos my kids can create in one evening so I understand totally.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Nathan's job. We are praying for you and I am sure the Lord will turn this into a good thing for your family. Hope to see you during the holidays.
ReplyDelete