Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Minor Irritation

Can you believe our Costco did not have bagged salad today? I think I've bought bagged salad there more than a dozen times, but the day that I need salad for a hundred people, they are suddenly OUT? Arrrrgh! I'm so glad I wasn't shopping alone. I stood there in awe, then looked at Michelle (the other Michelle) and said, "What do we do?"

I love that Michelle is always so level-headed. She doesn't panic like me. We just bought a lot of Romain and we're going to shred carrots into it for a very simple salad.

STILL. No bagged salad-- at Costco! I couldn't believe it. I should have gone to the other town, because I was just there last week, and they had bagged salad.

Today, I've been a little restless because it's too early to start cooking, but I'm worried that I won't get everything done tomorrow. I may have trouble sleeping tonight. I actually called my mom so I could lay out the time schedule for when everything had to be in the ovens. (My mom is an expert at large-function meals. She learned the art from the pro of all pros-- Phyllis Mason. I love Phyllis and her cooking.)

So, the potatoes are washed and ready to be baked. The salad fixings are at the church in the fridge, ready to be chopped, and Michelle has the roasters to do the meat. We have this all under control. The only thing not under control is my worry. Nathan thinks I'm a little crazy right now--"It's only food," he said. "You just have to cook it." He's such a man. That's why he's so good for me. He puts things into perspective.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will all turn out perfect! Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, just hang in there. I am always stressed and restless when something like this comes along. I used to have nightmares everytime that I had sharing time. They always were about me forgetting to prepare or bring something vital. It will all soon be over and it sounds like everything really is under control.

    ReplyDelete