I have a love-hate relationship with Wednesdays. It's either a day that I'm so depressed, I can hardly get out of bed or the day that I jump out of bed, look around and have to begin frantically cleaning, because Wednesdays are the shift-change day at Nathan's job. So, he's either leaving for work (hence, the depression) or he's coming home (frantic cleaning).
Today is a good Wednesday, and thanks to my awesome real estate agent, who has shown my house thrice this week (albeit unsuccessfully), the house is basically clean. Mostly I' m doing laundry and willing away the hours until Nate gets off work and begins the three-hour drive home. It's just nice to know that tonight I won't have to sleep alone.
Outside it's sunny and the sky is beautifully blue. It would be a nice day, but the wind is howling, and I learned when I took out the trash that the wind is COLD. Days like today, I love my little house. It blows and blows, and occasionally our window screens rattle, and that's about it. Solid log walls don't shake in the the wind. Often I have no idea how windy it is until I actually step outside, then I usually feel guilty that I made the boys walk to school. Today, however, I did drive them. (Check mark on the good mommy chart.)
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment