Friday, October 10, 2008

THIS is fall!

This morning we woke to this.... We got about four inches.
Two days ago I picked these flowers. This is my flowerbed now.
I miss summer already! However, I know that this snow won't last long. It will get warm and sunny again. We will have some more nice days before winter hits in earnest, but still. SNOW! I was completely unprepared. I don't have snow pants to fit all the kids, didn't know where the hats and gloves and boots were. It was a frantic morning looking for everything.

I have been baking in earnest. This kind of weather makes me think of cinnamon rolls. I baked a huge batch to take to my sister-in-law's house today. I also made pumpkin spice bars and banana muffins. Good thing there are ten kids between us to eat it all!


4 comments:

  1. Craziness! Glad that didn't hit here. I heard it snowed it Idaho too. Poor farmers there. I can't believe you had such beautiful flowers still alive in your vase when the snow hit and killed the ones outside. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh. I'm not ready for it either! I would like some decent crisp sweater weather though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got to experience that lovely early winter weather ourselves while we were trying to tour Yellowstone with the kids last weekend. It turned out great anyway since the kids loved the snow and the hiking kept us pretty warm. It was strange to travel from 25 degree weather to 65+ degree weather in the 10 hours we were on the road. We are sure enjoying our fall weather here. Wish we could have had the time for family visits on this trip, too. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete