Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Easiest Dinner EVER

Originally I received this recipe as an appetizer, but I decided to make it into a very simple meal. Here are the ingredients: Put however many meatballs you want into the Crock Pot and top with BBQ sauce. A few hours later you have this:
These are so good. I'm serving them over rice (made in a rice cooker). Is that not the simplest meal ever? Okay, I suppose I'll throw in some veggies on the side to make it a balanced meal.

I had to do this when Nathan wasn't around because he doesn't like barbecue sauce. I've taste tested the meatballs (since it's only three o'clock) and it's totally his loss. These are YUMMY!

**Edit: Well, I thought it was good, but everyone shot me down. The kids complained. They didn't like barbeque sauce-- too spicy, too sweet---complain, complain. I guess I won't be making this very easy meal again.

5 comments:

  1. Bummer. What if you used sweet and sour sauce instead? You could throw in a can of pineapples too- that might tempt 'em! I have a kid or two that thinks everything is spicy. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love it!!! Thanks for the idea. Tell me this did you post a pumpkin bar somewhere on here? I've been wanting to try to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay... nevermind.... I found the recipe. I should of looked a little harder before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meatballs. I have a really easy recipe for BBQ meatballs that we love. They take about 5 minutes to put together, and then you just toss them in the oven for an hour. We also serve them over rice.

    Sorry your family didn't enjoy them. For the record, I think they look yummy!

    P.S.
    Can't wait to see the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought they were really yummy and would have had seconds but didn't want to look like a pig. (Now I just sound like one...) Thanks for the yummy meal and letting me hang out with you for awhile.

    ~C

    ReplyDelete