Friday, July 11, 2008

Swim, swim, swim!

Today the kids finished two weeks of swimming lessons, which they love. On the testing day, it's tradition that I always bring the camera and take pictures. (To be honest, the pictures look the same every year, and I can only tell which year it is by Mazie's changing swimming suit. The boys' swim trunks usually last more than one summer, so even they look exactly the same.) Still, we love lessons and the pool, so here are some fun pictures of our summer.

Up... up...
And away!
It was a difficult choice-- smile at Mom or tuck into a great cannonball. Mom got the vote.

This new camera lets me get much closer shots when they're in the water. Here's Dylan testing on the side stroke.
Mazie testing on her back float.
Mazie is socializing as usual. Because she's only four, they didn't pass her to level three. I told the lifegaurds I didn't really care what level they kept her in, as long as she learns to swim on her own this summer. The girl has no fear at all. She finally looked up so I could get a picture of her face.

Ethan passed level three, so his next session will be in the deep end all lesson long. He's very excited about that.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I can see so much of Nathan in these pictures. I can't believe how big they are. And, if you think Mazie's socializing is bad now, just wait. Ashlee is out of control now that she's hit middle school. She constantly has a phone to ear, texting,IM'ing or actually with someone. We have to remind her that she has a family here that wants to talk to her too! There are even times I actually have to ask her to stop talking for just two minutes so I can think. What a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures. Swim lessons are so much fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete