Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Striving for Wisdom

Why is this so hard for me?

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3: 5-6)

Don't get me wrong. I feel abundantly blessed. I know that we have so very much to be grateful for. Our lives are going well, they just aren't going according to my plan for us. So, today I'm grateful for seminary. I memorized this scripture fifteen years ago, and it popped into my head again today. Every time I walk by the For Sale sign in front of my house, I'm going to repeat this scripture and trust that the Lord knows what's best for my family.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder Michelle. I need to re-memorize this scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate. Brian has been out of work for most of this year and last year he didn't make money at the jobs he did have. Honestly I don't know how we've managed to make it. It never worked out for us when we tried to go somewhere else either so I guess that brings us back to hopeing the Lord knows what's best again. It always amazes me how two people can feel the exact same emotions over two completely different circumstances. Hang in there, and remember your not alone.

    ReplyDelete