It occurred to me that many of the people reading this blog know me, but don't necessarily know me well. I was thinking of telling memories that I could share, and one popped into my head that still makes me laugh. I guess you could count it as an embarrassing moment, but it isn't that bad.
Nathan and I were engaged. I was in college and home for a weekend, so I was sitting in Gospel Doctrine in Pasco IV ward and I was called on to read a scripture. I looked it up again. I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure it was 1 Nephi 17:37. "And He raiseth up a righteous nation, and destroyeth the nations of the wicked."
Except that completely whipped as I was, I made a Freudian slip, and I said, "..righteous Nathan." Probably no one would have noticed, except that my mom and her husband burst out laughing. I turned completely red. To this day, they sometimes call him Righteous Nathan.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

That's so cute! I'll have to pass this one on to Spencer. He'll get a good chuckle ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is very funny! When Paul was on his mission I used to go to movies and watch the credits at the end. If there was a Paul involved in the making of the movie anywhere then that meant a good movie just got even better and a not so good movie was able to move up a notch and vice versa. Luckily this was only a private quirk so I didn't have any embarrassing moments over it. I told Paul about it when he got home and once in a while we still check to see if there is a Paul in the credits.
ReplyDelete