Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Getting things Done

So often I feel like I don't accomplish anything in a day, so here's a list of the things I've done today.

1. Made breakfast

2. Took a shower

3. Cleaned my bedroom

4. Washed two loads of laundry

5. Folded and put away laundry

6. Washed and vacuumed the car

7. Bussed kids to and from swimming at 9, 10 & 11 o'clock.

8. Mowed the front lawn

9. Wiped down the upstairs bathroom

10. Changed six or seven diapers, one of them poopy

11. Went to the post office and got the mail

12. Baked cookies

13. Gave Dylan a haircut

14. Arranged for a babysitter

15. Loaded the dishwasher

16. Made dinner

17. Cleaned the downstairs bathroom

18. Drank two cans of Pepsi (not an accomplishment, but very likely the highlight of my day)

19. Perused the new JCPenney catalog, but didn't order anything

20. Attended a baby shower

21. Checked my email

22. Updated my blog


Notice the one thing that's missing? Oh, yes. It was supposed to say, "Wrote ten pages of my novel." That's the "find something you enjoy and do it a little everyday" that gets sacrificed when I feel obligated to act like a responsible mom.

*** The day wasn't over when I wrote last, so I have to add to my list. Here's what else I did today.

23. Helped Ethan & Mazie clean their rooms

24. Realized the basement had leaked during a thunderstorm and that there were puddles everywhere

25. Cleaned all the puddles out of the basement ALONE-- okay, Ethan dried #10 cans while I cleaned up the water, so that counts as helping

26. Changed another poopy diaper

27. Held family prayer

28. Sent everyone to bed

29. Checked my email again

30. Updated this blog again

3 comments:

  1. I think it's safe to say that you got A LOT done! Now go put your feet up and relax...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know thats a great idea... I often don't give myself credit for all the things I do without even thinking about it. Good reminder of what busy workers us moms really are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if you had asked me what I did, I would have said, "Not much," or "Cleaned house." I guess that doesn't cover the everyday demands of life.

    ReplyDelete