Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting Going

Today I hired a personal trainer. I've been saying for years that I needed one. However, it had to be someone that knew me, knew my body and my time restrictions. It also needed to be someone who could motivate me and who would know that there are some forms of exercise I simply may refuse to do. Yep, that pretty much narrows the field to one amazing (also stubborn and relentless) person. My husband. I called him and told him his new job description (in addition to full-time bread winner, husband, father, etc.) He sort of laughed and said, "Will you do it?" I answered that yes, I would if he was realistic in what he required of me. I can't very well walk for an hour a day when he's not around. We'll see if he'll actually lay out an excerise plan for me and if I can manage to stick to it.

It might be a big mistake. I may end up in great shape... and a widow. Just kidding. I won't actually kill him.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could get a personal trainer, but I don't think I would be good enough to listen to my husband telling me what to do and eat and not get mad at him. I have tried to get him to help me monitor my eating but I always take it so personal when he tells me not to eat something and we end up fighting. Hopefully that won't be how it is with you, of course. Good luck on your new hot bod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have inspired me. That is so funny you asked your husband...I am going to ask Peter to draw up a plan for me! This could be a good thing or bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking your husband is a great idea. Your last sentence cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete