Today I took Ethan back to the doctor. The stitches are healing fine and the swelling is going down, but as the doctor looked at the lines, he said he wasn't convinced that he had gotten the lip lined up right when he stitched it. He said he could numb it and try to fix it, or I could consult a plastic surgeon. I said I'd rather consult with a plastic surgeon-- for two reasons. First, I want it done right, and second, I want it done under general anesthesia, so Ethan doesn't have to go through the pain of more Novocain shots. Dr. Walker totally agreed and called to consult with a plastic surgeon. I have to take Ethan in tomorrow at nine for a quick consultation appointment, and he will probably schedule him for surgery on Thursday. The surgeon said with a kid this young, you might as well get it all fixed right before it's done healing.
As far as I'm concerned, I just want it done right. I want him to look as normal as possible. His smile may never be exactly like it was, but then again, it might, so I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
Another blessing of having the surgery this Thursday is that Nathan will probably be able to get someone to cover for him at work, so he can come to the hospital. The hospital is halfway in between us-- an hour from me, and an hour and a half from where Nathan works.
I went into the school today and let them know that Ethan won't be in the rest of the week. I really love our school. All of the staff have been so loving and supportive of Ethan, even teachers he's never had. I feel privileged to live in a town where people really care about each other.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

I'm so sorry! Those pictures were awful! I just got the bill from when my guy had his ER adventure, so I hope it's someone else's job to pay for it! Isn't it spooky how quickly life can change pace?
ReplyDeleteDo you need someone to watch Josie?
ReplyDeleteI'm available if you need me.
~C
I hate it when children get hurt, sorry that happened. i hope this doesn't traumatize him too much with dogs.
ReplyDelete