Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Have you heard of Hobby Lobby?

At my sister-in-law's urging, I made my first trip to Hobby Lobby. OH, MY GOSH!!! I think I have found my Mecca. I could have spent thousands of dollars in there-- the furniture, the baskets, fabric, BEADS, wood crafts, paint, awesome decor. Wow. I mean, WOW.

I managed to escape having spent only $36 on two boxes that look like over sized books (I'm planning to use them as my new jewelry box, since mine was commandeered by a four-year-old), a pretty hook that is going to display my new aprons (which I had planned to post about before all h@!! broke loose around here) and a model car that Ethan picked out. It's his "I'm going to be good for surgery" prize a day early. I found a beautiful $60 platter that I wished I could have bought for my mom. I found a trunk with fake belt straps that I want to use as a coffee table (I mean Pepsi table, since I don't drink coffee). I found a whole bunch of baskets that I liked. I've also been looking for cute banks for my kids to put change in (the Mason jars are getting old), and yes, they have those, too. They were so cute-- basketballs, footballs, pigs in tutus. I'm serious, I could have spent hundreds of dollars in five minutes flat.

I may never go to Michael's again! So, if I suddenly go missing in town, look for me at Hobby Lobby.

3 comments:

  1. I have "grounded" myself from Hobby Lobby until we get our finances under control, because I have NO control at that store.

    We'll be thinking of Ethan tomorrow.

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepsi table. If we had a coffee table, our's would also be called a Pepsi table.

    I can't wait to see your aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a store near your home? And don't worry about the snowflakes...

    ReplyDelete