Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transitioning

Josie is transitioning from the young toddler stage into the older toddler-preschool stages. For one thing, baby safety features are not working anymore. She can climb over the gate I put on the bathroom. She can climb out of her crib. She can now open the refrigerator. The one thing she hasn't figured out yet is doorknobs, but I'm sure it won't be long. She is also learning several new words and using them regularly.

The other day I found her pouring her bottle all over my cedar chest. I said, "Stop! What are you doing?"

Josie answered, "Mess! (Which sounds like Meth.) Ba Gurl!"

I didn't teach her "bad girl." That was Mazie's doing. Every time Mazie found Josie getting into her stuff, she would tell her she was a bad girl.

This morning I found rocks and toys in Josie's crib. They were on Mazie's bed last night. The only way Josie could have gotten them was if she crawled out of her crib, crawled up on the bed, got the toys, moved her crib over and climbed back in. Can I just say, "Wow!" I never imagined she could do all that. I did think I heard the crib being moved last night, but it's on wheels on a wood floor. I thought maybe she had rocked it really hard from the inside and it moved. It never occurred to me that she was moving it to the bed so she could climb back in. Like I said, the only saving grace has been that she can't get out of her room, or else who knows what kind of havoc she will wreak on our house.

I remember when Mazie was two, we called her the destroying angel. Everything she got her hands on, she broke. I don't think I'm ready for that stage again. Josie is a little more mellow than her sister. Hopefully, it won't be quite as bad this time around.

Speaking of Mazie... I am missing her so much. I had Nathan take her to Washington because I needed a break from that girl. I admit, my house has stayed much cleaner without her here, but I keep finding little scraps of paper all over the house with Mazie's little drawings on them, and I missed her terribly. I called her yesterday, and sweet girl that she is, she was kissing the phone telling me how much she missed me. I am so glad Nathan decided to move us a week earlier. I don't think I could handle another week without her!

3 comments:

  1. I have never had a kid think to climb out of their crib! You have a monkey on your hands! She sounds like she is going to be a sweet little girl with a mind of her own that you will fully appreciate when she is a teenager and isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes in. Don't you just love phone kisses...there is even a song out right now "kiss me through the phone!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my ... nothing will be safe soon. I do feel your pain. My girls are always making messes with their "art projects" and things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is pretty impressive - moving the CRIB. Cameron said he saw Nathan at church with one of his kids. I'm out of town. So it sounds like you'll be moving up this weekend? Is that the week early?

    ReplyDelete