Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Temptation

Ever since I read this post I've been craving this...
... the American Chocolate Cake from Costco.

Well, yesterday we went to Costco. Since my birthday is Friday, we went ahead and bought the cake. As soon as we brought it home, we put it in the freezer, so it would stay fresh. However, last night was Monday night and the kids were talking about treats for FHE. We didn't do a real family home evening with a lesson and prayer. We went for a hike by the river, but when we came home, I couldn't stop thinking about that cake in the freezer.

So, I decided we would have a late-Mother's Day/early birthday party. I actually like the cake best when it's frozen, because I love frozen frosting, and let's admit it, this cake is mostly frosting. I took the picture after we'd all had some. Because it is so rich, none of us had more than a half a slice. So, we can have birthday cake all week and still have some for Friday, I think.

Yum! Yum! Yum!!!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks delicious! I have been so tempted to try but just can't justify that much cake coming into my house for fear that I will be the one to consume the vast majority of it! But my oldest daughter shares your birthday (Happy Birthday by the way!) so I think that I smell Costco cake coming my way! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this cake replaced the traditional mud pie in our family a few birthdays ago. My son was the first to choose it, and now we keep going back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...now I'm hungry for chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...I think most treats taste even better when frozen. Brownies, cake, candy bars...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cake. I am tempted often but have only bought once I think. I think I'll ask Cam to buy it for my bday. I like the idea of freezing it too. I bet it's great that way. BTW- my car is so excited that it's twin is moving to town. No one will be able to tell them apart. Big red vehicled with dark haired 30ish female driver and loaded with kids!!! I hope you have a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not right to show a pregnant lady a delectable sweet like that. I am going to be hard put to calm my raging sweet tooth. It's a good thing that I live an hour from Costco. Maybe I can resist by the time I get around to Costco again!

    ReplyDelete