I've been surfing around looking for more people that I know with blogs, and getting inspired about what to include in my own. And then there are the really fantastic ones that just plain intimidate me. Don't ever expect my blog to look THAT good. My scrapbooks don't even look that good. I keep following link to link to link and reading people's blogs. Dylan's like, "Who are they?" and I answered, "I have no idea, but look how cute their kids are!" He especially liked the blogthings quizzes that we took the other night. He found out that as far as breakfast cereal goes, he's Cheerios, which I probably could have pegged without taking the test. He's an eternal optimist who tries really hard to do the right thing. I was a yellow crayon (flashbacks of the Color Code of Personality test) and clearly NOT cut out to be a vampire, which is probably a good thing, since I'm really not in love with Edward. I'm assuming everyone knows which Edward I'm talking about. Speaking of which, I was in Costco the other day waiting for a prescription, and I saw a mom walk by with this goth haircut, a toddler in the cart and an "Official I love Alice Cullen" T-shirt on. I thought, "Hey, at least I'm not the only mom whose stuck in YA lit for life!" Esther, I know you sympathize.
Well, I have one more day to clean and pack. Today I mowed the lawn and made cupcakes for my "something sweet" contribution to the food. For "something salty" I'm getting really creative and buying chips. :)
My real estate agent called today. She's doing an open house while we're gone, which is wonderful, since we won't be here to mess up the house once it's clean. It does, however, mean that in addition to packing for six, I have to leave the place spotless, and you all know that isn't my strong suit. We've been maintaining it pretty well this week, so we'll see how we do tomorrow.
I did promise the kids another trip to the pool this week. Ethan is determined to pass his deep-end test. They have to tread water for thirty seconds and swim the width of the pool and back. He passed at the end of last summer, but he tried to take the test on Saturday and didn't pass. I asked, "How'd you do?" and Ethan answered, "I drowned." He got halfway across and let his feet sink and went under. Dylan pulled him to shallow water. I'm sure he'll pass tomorrow.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete