Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I wish I could have spent it with the father of my children, but he had to work. I told him it was probably a good thing. Instead of giving out chocolate bars at church, they gave out banana bread. What were they thinking? Nathan told the kids they could eat the banana bread, and we'll load him up with chocolate when he gets home. The kids are counting the days until we go to the family reunion. Ethan was trying to pack today, but I wouldn't let him.

A funny thing happened when I was out watering the yard. A jeep with Oregon plates drove by, slowed down at the sight of the For Sale sign, then turned around up the street and came back by. Their windows were down and I could hear the woman say to the man, "That's actually a pretty nice house." I wanted to shout, "Come back and buy it!!!" but I didn't. It IS a nice house, and I hope someone falls in love with it soon.

Took the kids out for a very long walk to day and tried to burn some energy off them. We all took turns pushing Josie in the stroller. She loves to be outside. It reminds me so much of Ethan. They'll be my outdoorsy kids. We put a blanket in the yard and Josie sat out there with the boys for about and hour. She doesn't even try to crawl away. She's just content to be outside. She ate grass and made a mess out of her snacks, then screamed when I brought her back into the house.

I had a glimpse of hope this evening. For quiet time, the kids sat and colored for about half an hour without fighting. It was a small miracle--one that I desperately needed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I finally posted something! Go check it out. I am sorry that you didn't have Nathan around for Father's Day. However, Paul and Veral were just using the excuse that it was Father's Day to try to get out of doing anything or do whatever they wanted without children bothering them! Whatever!!! It isn't like Mother's Day is a day to do nothing and relax! Sorry for the little soap box. I can't wait to see you guys this week. It is going to be so much fun. I wish I was a good mom and went out to play with my kids. I just try to get them outside alone and away from me. I can see a need for improvement in that area--as I can see the need in numerous other areas! We can only keep trying, right?

    ReplyDelete