After the first week of school, Mazie got sick. She ran a fever for three days. It scared me. Other than the fever, she was tired, but had basically no other symptoms. Finally, I had Nathan and Veral give Mazie a blessing. The following day, the fever was gone, and she was back to her normal self. She had a cough and runny nose then, but I just gave her medicine and she was fine.
Over the past four weeks, this has made the rounds through our family, Valine's family and Kristin's family. My boys have never had a fever, but Josie had one this week and was really cranky. She slept most of one day, and by the next evening, she was chipper again. One day this week, I was totally dragging. My head hurt, and my throat hurt from coughing. I probably had a fever that one day, too, but I was already taking Tylenol, so who knows? We've all had a cough. (Except for Nathan, who never gets sick.)
Anyway, today I was reading the CDC website about the swine flu. Symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose. Other symptoms my include body aches, fatigue, etc.
None of us saw a doctor or went to the clinic. So, what do you think? Do you think we all had the swine flu? It was basically like a head cold with a fever, pretty consistently through everyone that had it.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

I think it's possible. I really do think it was going around the schools here. All 4 of my kids got it and I think I might have had it mildly. Who knows though. We didn't go to the dr. either.
ReplyDeleteMy Dr. told me to watch out for fever, body aches and shivers. He told me the people most in danger are the ones with lung trouble, and chronic issues. It sounds like you guys got it, but without all the deadly complications. My boy is one of those it would really, really hurt, so thanks for staying across the river!
ReplyDeleteAt least you're all getting or are better! Todd hardly ever gets sick either! I don't think he's even been to the doctor since we've been in Seattle (two years)!! Hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteBy the way... I have two girls who are within two pounds of their weight loss goals. How much moola do you want for two snowflakes or how ever many you're willing to make?
It's possible. I am feeling symptoms today, as well. After reading on the web about it, there is no way to tell unless your dr sends samples to the test labs. Even then, the labs don't test every sample sent their way as there are sooo many. Bottom line, every one is healthy again? If it comes back (one of the signs that it could be swine flu), it might be worth getting tested for.
ReplyDeleteIf there are confirmed cases of swine flu in your area, then I think you guys had it and got over it. Yea! No need to vacinate now! You even did the right thing, which is to NOT go to the doc or hospital unless you can't breathe or are having other severe symtoms. Both of my kids have had phlemy coughs for about 5 weeks now, so I hope they don't get the flu on top of that.
ReplyDelete