Monday, July 20, 2009

I Survived

Well, I survived Girls Camp with only a single mosquito bite and one major headache, which I actually got on the way home. I spent the day after camp nursing a monster headache, but I was well the entire time I was up there with the girls. I want to write about all the wonderfully inspired things that went on at camp, but the moment I stepped back into my chaos-filled life, all inspiration seemed to leave me, and I have other issues to deal with.

Ours was a medical themed camp, and all our shirts have a red cross and E.M.T on the fronts. The theme was Eternity Matters Today. Our ward was MED school (Making Eternal Decisions). There was a M.A.S.H unit, a cardiology unit and others. I can't remember all the rest. While I did have fun with the girls, probably the best thing for me being new in the stake was getting to know the Stake Young Women's Presidency.

I also learned that I'm not ever going to Girls Camp without my own car, because the Slip-N-Slide and the Lake are WAY far away from camp, and the girls have to be shuttled. Therefore, I never volunteered to be the leader that went to those places because I didn't want to get stuck down there with no way back. Our group was amazingly small (only ten girls) for this ward. One of our priesthood brethren said they used to take 90 youth from this ward on temple trips.

The hardest thing about Girls Camp was coming home and feeling like every day you're away, you have to pay for tenfold with your own family-- the chaos, the fighting, the not knowing where every one's clothes were for church, plus on top of that you're tired, and in my case, I had a huge headache.

Today, I'm supposed to be moving. I should be celebrating, but it's just one more thing for me to do, and I've been depressed all weekend at how bad our little house looks now. It wasn't in this condition when we left. I look at it and remember all the work we did on our other house, which was all for nothing. We can't even get our money out of it. So, it's hard to want to go through that whole process again.

This week, at least, I will have my own bed again. That makes me very happy!

5 comments:

  1. oh at least you will get your own bed back. That should feel nice. I hope that you have a good moving day. Can I do something to help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed girls camp. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give yourself a little bit of time and I'll bet that desire to make it yours again will come back. It is hard to be motivated to tackle a new project when just surviving takes all the time in the day due to so many changes all at once. It was fun to see you on the 4th even if I didn't get a chance to visit. Maybe another day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you survived camp. Were you at Ensign Ranch? I went there for all of my Girls Camping years, and love that place! Our stake went a few weeks ago, and even though I still love that place, the mosquitos were AWFUL! So glad you avoided the mass of mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the move went smoothly. I'm glad you moved on NOT the hottest day of the week. Do you have air conditioning? We don't and we have to run fans in all the bedrooms at night. It's OK as long as it cools down at night, but when the low is 80 it just stays hot all day long.

    ReplyDelete