Monday, January 18, 2010

I Wish

A few weeks ago in church, someone said that a goal not written down is merely a wish.  Instead of getting me thinking more carefully about goals, it got me wishing.....

I wish my house in Monatna would sell.
I wish that some kind agent would decide to represent my book.
I wish that no matter the circumstances, I had the ability to make my family happy.
I wish that I could hear good news a little more often.
I wish people really helped each other like they should.
I wish I knew more than I do.
I wish I could see more clearly the meaning in my trials.

There were all these posts on facebook at the beginning of the year like, "2009 was great.  2010 will be even better!"  It made me want to hide my face and cry.  I came to a really sad realization.  This economic downturn didn't affect everyone.  The people who didn't lose their jobs or have to relocate are going to come out of this thing smelling like a rose-- they could refinance their homes for way lower interest rates.  Maybe they paid off some debts and started saving.  Maybe they bought a house for a fraction of what it was worth.  It's the rest of us that are paying the price, and frankly, it stinks.  2009 wasn't great for us, and I know several other families who suffered through it, too.  But, most people are just happily moving on.  All the news is about recovery.  Recovery may be a long time in coming for us.  I wish it weren't so, but I think that is the truth.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya, I really do... my wish is to finally be able to move forward again because it feels like everything I did this last year was a step backwards. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate this post. It occurred to me last week, (after hearing about all the "recovery") that it will take us years and years before we are even close to "recovery". We have zero equity, debt up to our eyeballs and no easy way out. And, I feel grateful that it's only that bad. Many have it far worse... and if Jason doesn't find stable work soon, it will be worse for us.
    It's just hard to think about how much I "thought" we had and how fast we lost it all.
    I do try to keep things in perspective, but the "earthly" part of me sometimes wants to throw a temper tantrum.
    Hang in there Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. We did have a good year in 2009 but our year 2000 was enough to do me in. So I have been there...had a bummer of a year and it took many many years to come and go before I could look back and see the good that came out of living in the Ronald McDonald House for a year, my child having cancer and my baby having surgery at 3 months old. I pray that your wishes will come true! I love that you don't have homework and I am so glad you are happy that you have kids...some days are just like that! :)

    ReplyDelete