Saturday, January 16, 2010

Better

Friday was better.  I am now okay with the fact that I had children.  We got through everyone's school lessons in the morning.  I love not having to wake the kids up before 6:00 a.m.  Did I mention that the school moved up their bus time up to 6:50?  Isn't that ridiculous for a kindergartener and a second grader?  Well, no more of that!  We ate breakfast, cleared the table, read scriptures and off to school we went.  I got a little frustrated with Ethan's phonics lesson because there are like TEN BILLION flashcards, and I don't do flashcards well, so I'm basically skipping them.  That is be beauty of home school.  You have the liberty of saying, "I don't like that, and therefore, I won't do it."

Mazie's math curriculum is mostly this box of maniupulatives, which is a nice word for shapes, counting teddy bears, clocks, thermometers and other fun stuff.  My kids have been playing in the math manipulative box all weekend.  Everyone is a fan, including Josie.  She loves the snap blocks.  Anyway, it was nice because I just gave her this bag of shapes and let her play while I did Ethan's lesson. 

So, our schooling has officially started.  I do like the fact that now our whole family has this academic perspective, and that our home is now a house of learning instead of just the place where everyone dumps their emotional trash after a hard day at school.  And, of course, home school means no homework at night.  I love, love, love that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment