I've been thinking about posting for several days. I just haven't had the time to sit down and write the posts. There are so many things going on, and summer is just disappearing. I cannot believe the kids are headed back to school so soon. I haven't even finished shopping for school supplies, and don't get me started about school clothes-- uniforms. SOOOOO boring. For the first time, I have a girl in school, and we can't enjoy a day shopping for clothes. It's been a bummer for me, and I haven't even broached the subject with her. It's a good thing she can't see into my mind's eye at the possibilities we could have enjoyed. To spare her any heartache, I shopped for her uniforms online, and I have to say, I found some killer deals. $7.00 for jumpers and $4.75 for polo shirts. That's pretty hard to beat.
We've been trying to find a weekend that we could go visit our house in Montana, but those summer weekends are disappearing, too. Nathan has finally been offered weekend overtime, and he's taking it at all costs. We so much need the extra money. Today, however, he did steal away with his brother for a four-wheeler ride. As he gave me his laundry list of things that he needed to do here, I just nodded and said, "Have fun riding." The guy so much needs a break, and Paul is running out of free weekends before their new child arrives, so it was now or never.
This is such a change for me. I usually WAY under-schedule my summers. I'm not used to crowds and other people's stuff making demands on my time. Summer is usually full of lazy days and evenings working in the yard. Being homeless for 8 weeks of the summer was part of the problem. I couldn't really plan my own summer because I was at the mercy of two other families. Now that we finally have our own space, I'm ready to put on the breaks and take some time for us in these last few weeks. I know I need it, and my kids need it, too.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

I was also disappointed with uniforms when I moved here (and Morgan hates them). But we tried to have fun with pants and jumpers and shoes and socks and hair stuff to make up for the boring polo shirts. And I feel like summer is coming to an end way too quickly and I didn't get to do some of the things I was hoping for. I hope your able to squeeze in more of your lazy days and family time that you need before school starts.
ReplyDeleteYuck Uniforms! T
ReplyDeleteWhy would your children require uniforms, are they attending private school? I loved uniforms in England! There was no fighting about what they could or couldn't wear because they knew their choices. We saved a lot on clothes too, because they didn't wear out! :) Think positive! Enjoy the rest of summer!
ReplyDeleteSorry that this summer has been so tough for you guys. I hope that you get a few fun things in in the next 2 weeks! Keep a stiff upper lip. :) And remember, there are worse things then uniforms. After a couple months on the playground and lunch and art or whatever, all clothes look rather worse for wear and with the uniforms you don't need to worry that your kids are ruining cuter and more expensive clothing. There can always be a brighter side! :) We do need to get together and finalize all the homeschooling things (at least so I know what days they are together, what they are doing, etc.) and talk about the piano lessons. Let me know a good day.
ReplyDelete