We just returned from story time at the county library. I think I'm in love. They have TWO story time hours, and TWO different story areas-- one for older kids and one for younger kids. I walked around the kids section of the library and saw so many books that Dylan would love. He'll actually have some selection at his reading level now. And, at the front door they had suggested reading lists for each grade in school. I looked them over and found several titles I didn't know already, which made me very happy.
Mazie asked on the way home if we would go there everyday. I told her no, it was just once a week. But still-- once a week with fun activities for her. Books, music, interaction with other kids. I am thrilled to say the least.
Yes, I will definitely be adding the library to our weekly calendar!
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

I need to try story time again. The last time we went, Bryant wouldn't sit still and kept knocking into the other kids. But that was a long time ago. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog, I am sorry to hear that you have had such a hard couple of months with your move. You didn't say where you moved to. Are you in Utah? Hope you grow to love your new home!
ReplyDeleteJill
We love the library too!! Every time we get a fine I just think of is as a nice donation to a worthy cause ;-)
ReplyDeleteI wish our library was that cool!
ReplyDeleteI wish our library was that cool!
ReplyDeleteme too! Now I want to move to Ogden. Our library in West Richland was decent but I failed to be good at going to storytime after Chelsea started preschool. Now Mia is missing out! I am glad you are finding fun things to do out there!
ReplyDeleteThat is cool! I love a cool library. The one we have here in Pasco is just gross, but I take my kids to the one in Kennewick. It is an awesome one. One of my most favorite places to go. We hang out there at least one day a week in the summer time. So glad you are finding things to do.
ReplyDelete