Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blizzard, anyone?

Anyone else want to join me in the blizzard? No? We turned our noses up at the Weather Channel winter storm warning, and felt validated Saturday morning when it had only snowed a skiff. But then it started to snow as soon as it was light, and it snowed and snowed and snowed. By evening we had six inches. We dug out the car once again so we could go to church on Sunday. This is the fourth time I've dug my car out of the snow. It snows, then melts, then snows some more. By Monday morning all the roads were clear. The sidewalks were clear. The grass still had a lot of snow, but it was melting. Last night we noticed another winter storm warning and woke this morning to a dusting of snow. Since then it's snowed about four inches. I can see the school across the street, but not the mountain behind it. While the snow is kind of a pain (since it's February and not December), I don't mind it too much, because at least the wind isn't blowing. Also, I know all this snow will be good for the valley come summer. Let's just hope it's not an unusually warm spring, or we'll be dodging flood waters!

4 comments:

  1. I thought you were talking about a DQ Blizzard when I read your title ;) (sorry, it just sounds good)

    Yes, hopefully your spring will bring you a nice SLOW thaw so you can avoid flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...thanks a lot Tharker. Now I'm craving an Oreo Blizzard...

    Another thing to remember Michelle, while it is snowing now, it won't come spring. While in Montana it will snow into June. :(

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and it will blow like a hurricane in Montana, too. Sorry, I'm SOOOOO not missing the wind!

    ReplyDelete