The parking lots are smaller here. I'm not joking. I feel like a giant driving my Expedition. People zip all over in these economical little cars, and I'm left to wonder, "Where are all the Mormons in their Suburbans and 15 passenger vans?"
Seriously, I can hardly park ANYWHERE! I told this to my sister in Wyoming, and she replied emphatically, "Yes, they are!" She sympathizes with me. When she ventures down here in her full-sized van, she has trouble parking, too. We're used to home on the range, where the deer and the antelope play in the freeway, and where buying an economy vehicle means you get the F150 instead of the F350, but both have four wheel drive, and I wouldn't recommend either for the parking lots around here.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

Sometimes I really hate finding a parking place in my Expendition! I love Costco for their extra wide spaces but it seems like these days all parking places were made for compact cars!
ReplyDeleteNot in Montana. Montana parking spaces are made for full-sized pick-ups. I loved that!
ReplyDeleteThat just makes things worse when the kids are with you and you're constantly yelling, "Don't hit the car next to us!" or on windy days when it rips through the car, grabs your door and slams it into the next car over.
ReplyDeleteOh I miss going shopping in Billings so very much, with all the parking space, and having every thing so close, yes, I am saying that 82 miles is close. I am three hours to the nearest Target or Costco... 3 FLIPPIN' hours. And the Walmart that is 40 miles away is nasty and the parking spaces are cramped. I hear ya Sista... I hear ya!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you 100%!! It seems like the parking spaces in Utah are getting smaller and smaller. I just drive a minivan and have a hard time fitting into a parking space.
ReplyDelete~C
we will joinging your ranks here soon. We will no longer be able to squeeze into our van. Suburban here we come.
ReplyDeletewe will joinging your ranks here soon. We will no longer be able to squeeze into our van. Suburban here we come.
ReplyDeletewe will joinging your ranks here soon. We will no longer be able to squeeze into our van. Suburban here we come.
ReplyDeletewe will joinging your ranks here soon. We will no longer be able to squeeze into our van. Suburban here we come.
ReplyDeleteI love Amy's comment! You know all about those happy P-town windy days ;)
ReplyDeleteI've never noticed the small parking spaces when I'm in Utah....maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Next time I'm down there, I'll definitely be on the look out!