No, I haven't taken up jogging again, although my tummy and behind keep reminding me that I should. I feel like I have been running through each day for about a week. We spent Labor Day weekend in Montana, and I did enjoy some much needed down time, but I no longer have the Internet connected in that house, and no one in the neighborhood had a wireless signal that I could catch.
September is harvest time... for SO many things. Sweet corn, apples, tomatoes, peaches. It's the tomatoes and peaches that have stolen my days lately. I would love to have sweet corn in the freezer, but I have canned corn that badly needs rotating out of food storage, so I chose not to put the good stuff in the freezer this year. Ditto on the applesauce.
Still, lately I've felt like my life is running me instead of me running my life. I purposely leave my weeks wide open, and all of a sudden they are filled with commitments I somehow didn't intend to make. Do you know what I mean? This running feeling produces in me a resentment that usually puts the brakes on everything.
Whoa, there! This is my life, thank you very much, and NO I'm not going anywhere today. But, then the peach tree in the driveway says, "Fine with me, but the peaches are ripe." Plop! Off they go onto the ground, and then I have the fruit guilt that Earlgirl so perfectly captured last fall. I'd forgotten about that bit of rural life-- the fruit need and the fruit guilt. (Use it all, can it all, don't waste any!)
If tomorrow, between loads of laundry, dishes and digging myself out of the canning mess, I have a few moments to sit down, I might blog for real. With photos. And no sentence fragments.
Pigs And Dogs
2 days ago

The last couple of weeks have felt like this for me too. Running non-stop, and yet I feel like I couldn't even tell you what I've been doing. It's all just jumbled together.
ReplyDeleteI hope you finish up all your canning soon so you can put your feet up...until the next big thing needs your attention, that is ;)
Oh, I feel your pain! I hope things slow down for you soon.
ReplyDelete