Monday, May 9, 2011

The Big Day

Today was Josie's big day....






She had her tonsils and adenoids out.  The tonsils were moderately enlarged, but when the surgeon got in there he said, "Oh, my gosh!  The adenoids are huge!"

She's always spoken like her nose was stuffed up, even when she wasn't sick.  It's affecting her speech development, so now was the time to finally take action.  Don't be fooled by the happy face in the photo.  That was after they gave her the "happy medicine."  The surgery went great and she's happily sitting on the couch eating an ice cream bar and watching Strawberry Shortcake.  It looks like our week is pretty much planned.  Ice cream.  Netflix.  Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. That is a big day! I am glad that everything went well. Hopefully you do not obsess like me about every random thing that could possibly go wrong when someone is operating on your child. I think I would need "happy medicine" if one of my kids needed surgery! I bet you are glad it is over and look forward to lots more chatting from Josie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that all went well. She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete